That every beneficiary child and youth, through their personal relationship with God, will reach the maturity they need to pursue their own holistic development and will contribute in the fight against poverty by influencing their family, community and nation.
Potter’s House is a Christ-centered organization that fights poverty in Guatemala by promoting a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ while deploying holistic development programs that focus on at-risk children and youth.
1. That the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible Word of God, authoritative with respect to doctrine and conduct. 2 Tim 3:16
2. That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Deut 6:4; Matt 28:19
3. In Jesus Christ, God incarnate—both God and man, in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death by crucifixion, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. John 1:1-14, Phil 2:8, Luke 1:35, Heb 4:15, Luke 24:1-9, Acts 1:9-11
4. That man was created in God’s image, and although created without sin, man fell into sin and as a result is in need of justification, redemption, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Gen 1:26, Rom 5:12
5. That God sent his son Jesus Christ to rescue man from sin and death and condemnation, and that he accomplished God’s salvation through his vicarious and atoning death on the cross. This salvation is available by grace to all who put their faith in Christ and his redeeming work. John 3:16, Rom 3:21-24, Eph 2:8-9
6. That Satan exists and continues to promote evil and oppose the purposes of God. Jesus, however, in his death and resurrection, has triumphed over Satan and assured his final destruction. Isaiah 14:12-15, Ezek 28, Rev 20:107
7. In the ministry of the Holy Spirit through whom the Christian is given assurance of salvation and is enabled to live a godly life. John 14 -16, John 10:27-30, Rom 8:37-39, 1 Peter 1:3-5
8. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. John 3:18, John 5:24-29, Rom 6:23, Rev 20:11-15
9. In the unity of those who have put their faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 12:12-13
The name of Potter’s House Association was inspired by
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.”
Our Relationship in this beautiful parable: God likens Himself to a potter, while people are likened to a clay vessel. The vessel was destroyed in God’s hands, and then made better by God. This parable illustrates that in the hands of God, every person who allows himself to be molded by God will become a much better person. God molds us into the form that seems best to Him. Potter’s House Association is a tool to be used by God so that our partners and Treasures may be molded and shaped by His hands.