WHO WE ARE
Potter’s House is a Christ-centered organization founded by two Guatemalans who were inspired to take action through their experiences working with the extreme poverty found in Guatemala City’s trash dump. For 30 years we have been walking alongside poor individuals, families, and communities to develop long-term relationships and community centers that we work to build together. Unlike organizations that simply address economic or physical poverty, Potter’s House seeks to deliver five holistic development programs through our community centers: Family Development, Education, Health and Nutrition, Micro-Enterprise and Community Development. From physical to spiritual to mental transformation, we want to empower the poor across Guatemala to make significant changes in their own lives and their communities.
Potter’s House is a Christ-centered organization that fights poverty in Guatemala by promoting a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ while deploying holistic development programs that focus on at-risk children and youth.
- That the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible Word of God, authoritative with respect to doctrine and conduct. 2 Tim 3:16
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Deut 6:4; Matt 28:19
- In Jesus Christ, God incarnate—both God and man, in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death by crucifixion, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. John 1:1-14, Phil 2:8, Luke 1:35, Heb 4:15, Luke 24:1-9, Acts 1:9-11
- That man was created in God’s image, male and female he created them, and although created without sin, man fell into sin and as a result is in need of justification, redemption, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Gen 1:26-27, Rom 5:12
- That marriage is the exclusive, covenantal union of one man and one woman, which union was designed by God. Genesis 2:24, Matt 19:4-5
- That God sent his son Jesus Christ to rescue man from sin and death and condemnation, and that he accomplished God’s salvation plan through his vicarious and atoning death on the cross and his resurrection. This salvation is available by grace to all who put their faith in Christ and his redeeming work. John 3:16, Rom 3:21-24, Eph 2:8-9
- That Satan exists and continues to promote evil and oppose the purposes of God. Jesus, however, in his death and resurrection, has triumphed over Satan and assured his final destruction. Isaiah 14:12-15, Ezek 28, Rev 20:10
- In the ministry of the Holy Spirit through whom the Christian is given assurance of salvation and is enabled to live a godly life. John 14 -16, John 10:27-30, Rom 8:37-39, 1 Peter 1:3-5
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. John 3:18, John 5:24-29, Rom 6:23, Rev 20:11-15
- In the unity of those who have put their faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 12:12-13